0 Comments | by
SHARE

I have never been a fan of dolls. Paper dolls were too flimsy and gave paper cuts. Barbies were boring and their boobs were scary. Cabbage patch dolls smelled funny. For me, it was all about the ponies. Now, I'm also not a fan of real horses as my childhood self thought they were too stinky, not cute, and may involve getting my shoes dirty (I was a very meticulous child!), but the My Little Pony toys I could easily fall in love with. My Little Ponies are cute, colorful, and just big enough to be substantial, yet easily fit into a kiddie-sized overall pocket. One day, my massive pony collection will be handed down tenderly to my future daughter(s). Given that they've proven themselves worthy of course.

Hasbro has created the "My Little Pony Project: 25 ponies for 25 years." This program features ponies designed by real designers, artists, and celebrities to support the Give Kids The World Village program, a non-profit organization that helps terminally ill children. The ponies designed through this project will be auctioned off in NYC with partial proceeds going to the charity. You can find out more details about the project here.

My Little Pony
My Little Pony

I'm so hooood! Doesn't this pony remind you of that song by DJ Khaled? You don't want to mess with this pony in a dark alley. Design by Claw Money.

I had a blue pony just like this one, without the board shorts and surf board. Mine however would have looked even more kick-ass in this outfit since he had a neon green mohawk, a tatoo on his ass, and went by the name of "Beau". Design by John Stamos (Uncle Jesse!)

I love how Kimora's pony resembles her: big hair, big bling, too much makeup. Someone explain why her hooves are so dirty?! All us high-maintenance chicks know that is such a no-no. Design by Kimora Lee Simmons.

The pony is certainly too 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse for me, but I love the freaky bunny!! He's just so cute and evil! Design by Superdeux.

The best for last. Purple is certainly one of the girliest of colours, plus big sparkly stars, and long wavy locks? I think secretly we girls wish we could be half as rock-star cool as this pony in real life. Design by Twinkle Hope.

Note: I would like to thank the unnamed blog(s) that I first found out about this story from. Unfortunately, due to jetlag, I cannot remember which one it was! Apologies.

Labels:


Add a Comment Every little girl's fantasy